“Halloween is the one night a year when a girl can dress like a total slut and no other girls can say anything about it.”
Yes, it’s that magical last day of October, when you can break out your lingerie, a pair of animal ears, and some extremely high heels and claim you’re a mouse or kitty without anyone talking shit. And if they do, they’re totally just regretting their footie-pajama costume which does NOT do wonders for their already stubby legs.
If you’re hosting your own Halloween get-together complete with totally adorable finger food, candy, and alcohol, make sure you have some killer cocktails on hand. We’ll be adding to this list tomorrow, so, like, keep track.
- About 2 shots worth of tequila (we used Partida Reposado because it’s fancy)
- 1 1/2 tbsps lime juice
- 1 tbsp agave nectar or honey
- 1 tbsp Crème de Cassis (if you’ve never had it, it’s made from black currants and adds a lovely dark red color)
- Ginger beer (we used Reed’s)
Shake the tequila, lime juice, agave nectar, and Crème de Cassis with ice and strain into a highball glass, then top off with the ginger beer and stir. The red hue will freak everyone out and like, you’ll be popular.
If you have a bunch of beer drinkers slash hipsters at your party (why’d you invite them, honestly?), try the below cocktail to keep them from complaining:
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 2 tbsps honey syrup (make it by combining 1 cup of honey and 1 cup of water in a small pot over medium heat; stir until dissolved)
- Light-ish beer, we used Sapporo Premium but if bitches are picky you can probs find an “awesome” local, sustainable, organic microbrew
- 2-3 dashes orange bitters
In a tall cocktail glass add orange juice and honey syrup, top with the beer and orange bitters. Stir gently with bar spoon and garnish with orange slice.