This weekend, this betch went to Bonnaroo, and yes I'll be talking about it all week and I don't care how annoying you think it is. Anywho, one of the highlights was catching Maren Morris' set. Who? Glad you asked. Maren is a Southern betch who's making waves in country music. She's 26, she curses a lot in her music, she likes Beyoncé, and she has a song called "Drunk Girls Don't Cry." In other words, Maren can hang. We asked her some hard-hitting questions, because journalism. Want more? Head over to our app, where Maren created a special betchy day drinking playlist just for us.
1. Who's one of your favorite artists to have worked with?
Writing with Brothers Osborne. Obviously, we're friends and laughed through the whole songwriting process but we also got a killer song "Greener Pastures" that made their record.
2. Who's a non-country artist you'd want to collab with?
3. When you wrote "My Church," what song or songs did you have in mind?
Sheryl Crow "Leaving Las Vegas" and Hank Williams "I Saw The Light" both really inspired me for "My Church".
4. What song gets you really pumped up/makes you feel yourself?
"Don't Hurt Yourself" by Beyoncé. Lately, I've loved the entire Lemonade album.
5. When was the last time you drunk cried?
Last week before my album HERO came out. I had two glasses of wine and was talking about how incredible it is that this album is finally coming out. Definitely a drunk girl crying moment.
6. What's your drink of choice?
7. What's your favorite app and why?
Instagram. I like looking at friends' pictures and creeping on people's pictures. If you're having a weird day, you can literally put a filter on life.
8. If you had to describe your EP using only emojis, which ones would you pick?
The red & blue ribbon gold medal, dancing girl with the red salsa dress & the church with the heart.
9. What do you do when you're not writing music?
Hang with friends on a patio, shop at Whites Mercantile or Kitty, drink over-priced coffee.
10. What is your biggest guilty pleasure?
Real Housewives of Beverly Hills
11. What's the biggest relationship mistake you've made?
I ghosted my rebound and in Nashville you can't escape your exes.
12. What's the most ridiculous pickup line you've ever gotten?
One time, a guy asked me to roll my car window down and in a British accent he said "Pardon me, do you have any Grey Poupon?"
13. What's the best piece of advice you've ever received?
Don't be an asshole on the way up and don't be an asshole on the way down.
14. What's it like being a betch working in a bro-dominated field, and any advice for betches in a similar situation?
In the sea of sausage, don't forget to be a girl's girl.
15. Anything else you want us to know about you?
I'm trying to justify getting a dog for the road this year. Ill advised.